Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baby Update

First of all I would like to thank everyone for your kind words of encouragement and your prayers. I don't know what I would do without them. Thank you so much from our whole family.

Well, let me start with two weeks ago. It was a Sunday after Adam and Brody were both in a friends wedding and I new I didn't feel well the minute I woke up. I had a horrible head-ache but it wasn't like the normal ones that I could just take some Tylenol and get over- it was bad.
After several hours of hurting and two dozes of meds I realized it wasn't getting any better, in fact in was getting alot worse.

Adam was on evening shift and had to leave our house by two to be a work on time. Once he realized I wasn't getting any better he called in reinforcements. Pat came around 1:30 and picked Brody up so I could try to get some rest and sleep this head-ache away. Around 5:30 that night I was hurting so bad it was making me physical sick..... I then called my grandmother to see if she could bring me her BP monitor from her house so I could check to see what was going on with my blood pressure.

After she got to my house and I took my BP I decided it was time to call the doctor- She told me to get to Baptist East quick. Soooooo, make a long story short- after getting to the hospital and they observing me for several hours it was confirmed that I had developed a blood pressure induced migraine. They gave me some pain meds and something for nausea. We left the hospital around 3:30 in the morning.

I am now taking my blood pressure pills 4 times daily along with a baby aspirin because some of my blood work came back elevated. He also informed me that I need to plan on not working after Thanksgiving......... I am hoping that this will change. Two whole months of bed rest will send me to the crazy house.

Well, that's the newest update. I hope everyone is doing well and please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Ashley Duckett said...

I am so sorry this is such a difficult pregnancy! I will continue to pray for your precious family!