Monday, January 4, 2010

Here I sit...........

Well, it has finally happened. I am on bedrest at Baptist East- and have been since New Years Eve... Happy New Year!!! lol!!! As most of you know I see my doctor every Tuesday and have done so since I was 17 weeks along. This past Tuesday when I went in I told him I wasn't feeling "right". I have been feeling weird this whole pregnancy but something was different. He agreed that we needed to run some blood work to check all my blood count and other levels- so we did. Wednesday I was off of work but first thing Thursday morning when I got to work I walked over to the doctor (his office is next to mine) to see if they had received my results. They were not seeing patients that day so my doctor wasn't there but Jenny the head nurse was.... I explained to her how I was still feeling strange and she took me back right away to look at my lab results. They showed a number of things- including, red blood count being low and I was very anemic. She gave me a B-12 shot and told me she would call Doctor Martin and let him know what the results were showing.

I hadn't been back to my office for 20 minutes when I recieved a call from there office telling me to come back over to repeat my lab test- so I did. They did a "quick turnaround" and got my second results back within 2 hours. The nurse called me back again and told me to get to the hospital asap.....

When I arrived they admitted me and started a 24 hour urine, which I have done several times before. The test results came back on that on Friday- and showed that the protien in my urine had doubled since my last test- showing signs of me heading down the road of pre-eclampsia and HELPS like I had with Brody.

The plan is to keep me here for sure untill 33 weeks which will be next Sunday, this will be a huge milestone for the baby health wise- but I asked the Doctor this morning what where my chances of going home after that and he said 75/25. 75% sure I will be here for a WHILE.

I would ask you all to pray for a healthy baby boy- and throw a pray up for me that I don't stoke out with my BP and levels. Brody is being taken care of by my wonderful family and I miss him horribly. Adam is on midnight and running back and forth to Montgomery- it has been a whirlwind.

Thank you all for your prayers and we love you!!!

3 comments:

Ford Family said...

praying for all of you! xoxo

Unknown said...

Call me if you need me Mary Susan. I can get off work.
You know I love you. Aunt T

Ashley Duckett said...

I am still thinking of you and praying for you, the baby and your family!