Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another day, Another Doctors Visit.

I just wanted to give an update on what is going on these days with this little boy in my belly. I went back to see Dr. Davis at UAB last Thursday for another ultrasound to check on the baby. He took measurements and from what he could tell the baby weighs around 2 pounds and is looking good. The Placenta is still growing but it is slow and doesn't seem to be effecting the baby growth rate right now, which was the main concern. He wants me to continue seeing my regular OB doctor every week and get an ultrasound every 3 weeks. I will not going back to Birmingham because by the time my next appt would be scheduled I would be too close to my delivery date.

I saw my regular OB this past Tuesday and everything is finally starting to level out with my BP- thank goodness! He wants me to continue with the 1500 mg a day and hopefully I will not have to increase that anymore. YEAH!!!! I have to go part-time after Thanksgiving and will not be back to work after Christmas because we will be starting steroid shots for the baby's lungs to make sure they are completely developed before they take him. I am starting to swell again really badly in my legs and feet but so far all my test for preclampsia and HELPS are negative. He also informed me that I will not go past 36 weeks for any reason... it is just to dangerous for me and the baby. This will put me delivering him around the last week of January - if we don't have any complications before that time.

Both Doctors want to send the placenta off after the c-section to make sure that it is not a tumor of any kind. This makes me a little nervous but I am glad they are being safe.

So, that is what is going on in our world- from the Crovato family to yours we hope your Thanksgiving is filled with family, food, friends, and love!!!!

No comments: